Monday, November 5, 2012

Thankful

Today has been an awesome day! This afternoon as I write this I am in perfect peace. Everything is as it should be...for the moment. I'm well aware of the fact that all this could change in the blink of an eye, but I am learning, ever so slowly, not to borrow trouble. When things are good I am simply going to be thankful.
Some things I'm thankful for today:
1. Jeff and I had a really big situation to deal with this morning that could have ended very badly for us. God in His favour showed us an abundance of grace and worked everything out the way we had hoped. (However, Jeff and I both were brought to our knees over the weekend and brought to the realization that whatever the outcome God was still good and worthy of our worship.) We are so thankful for the way things worked out.
2. We have been married for 9 wonderful days so far! So thankful for this man that I get to call mine for the rest of my life.
3. I picked up our marriage certificate today! (The downside to that is that tomorrow I get to spend all morning at the social security office getting my new ss card. Blegh.)
4. Starbucks has their Christmas drinks out now. There are not enough words in the world to describe how ridiculously happy this makes me.
5. I'm thankful for my mom. We have talked so much the last week and she's doing so much to help stock mine and Jeff's house. I love that she is almost as excited about decorating our home as I am.
6. I am so very thankful for our church. This weekend was consumed with a lot of worry and church yesterday was really an anchor for Jeff and I. Every part of the services from the messages to the music to the testimony that was shared comforted and quieted our hearts.
Today has been so wonderful that not even having to work tonight can dampen my mood. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment