Monday, August 27, 2012

Well hello there Monday morning...

I know I should really learn to enjoy and be thankful for Monday mornings since they make up 1/7 of my life. But it's just so hard to find the motivation to get up and get going after having 2 days off with relatively little responsibility.
We spent most of this weekend doing absolutely nothing. Jeff had to work Saturday morning so that kept him busy and unable to blow up my phone and wake me up. I got to sleep until noon for the first time in months. It was wonderful! Saturday evening we babysat for a couple of friends so they could go out. We had a blast. Loaded the kids up on sugar and watched movies all evening.
Sunday we spent most of the day at church. Sundays are my most favorite days of the week...my anchor day. We've been so blessed by the ministry and people at Grace Church. I could go on and on about our love for that church and church family. It's so nice to have a church home and family . We'll be attending a new member's Sunday school class for the month of September and then, Lord willing, we'll be officially joining the church in October.
Sunday afternoon we spent running errands, since that's the only time it seems Jeff and I are ever off work at the same time. I will NEVER NEVER NEVER...NEVER go to Walmart, Target, Staples or any similar store again the day before school starts. It was awful! I would even say it could rival Black Friday shopping.
A highlight of this weekend was while at the mall right after church. I had worn the cutest, howbeit very unpractical, shoes to church yesterday morning. And by the time we had walked the mall I was ready to cut my feet off. I really was going to try and tough it out and make it back to the car, but my sweet man noticed how bad I was limping (and I think he may have been a little embarrassed about how I was waddling through the mall trying to get some relief for my feet) ad took me to Shoe Show to get a pair of flip flops. (I got a pair of Polo flip flops that we're on clearance and 50% off clearance price for $5!! Yay for end up summer clearance!! ;)) My sweetie then walked me out to a bench in the courtyard and got on his knees and changed my shoes for me. If that's not love y'all I'm not sure what is. :)
Here's some pictures from this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment